We are seeking a UI Designer to create simple, elegant, and intuitive interactive interfaces for our core engagement products : large-scale, complex, and function-heavy product systems such as our web and mobile apps
This role is focused on visual interactive interface design: how users interact with devices, how users process information, and ultimately how Rebirth’s engagement products “look” and “feel”. Core to this role is the creation of the final “pixel-perfect” UI that Rebirth Members experience, and in creating UI in a visually systematic way that ensures a holistic, consistent experience across our products.
Outside exceptional UI and interaction design talent, success in this role is dependent on being highly self-motivated and managed, super organized, always open to feedback and critique, and extremely collaborative.
Note: Along with your Resume a link to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work) is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Rebirth’s Product UI styles, patterns, and standardized elements and interactions.
- Manage your bandwidth and project pipeline to execute UI design in time with your team’s software roadmap.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the UX designer and Product Manager to fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing.
- Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions and motion to enhance UI.
- Execute final, “pixel perfect” UI designs and package, spec, and prep for engineering.
- Obsessively QA developed software for visual perfection, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions.
- Maintain design systems and libraries in conjunction with the wider Product UI Design team to ensure product-wide visual consistency.
- Previous software UI/interaction design experiences at consumer-focused tech or media companies.
- Top tier user interface and interaction design skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Focused and dedicated to how products “look” and “feel”.
- Exceptional design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Deeply collaborative and iterative approach to product design, focused on ensuring a unified experience across the board.
- Experience working closely with engineers to develop and iterate on interactive software experiences.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms: for fully responsive web experiences and/or for mobile (touch-device) apps.
- Experience in prototyping UI interactivity and in incorporating motion/animation into UI.
- A strong understanding of the tools and technologies involved in designing and building interactive software experiences.
- A keen knowledge of what is possible in modern Android, iOS, and web development and of design and interaction patterns and trends within each.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design and prototyping tools.